Customizing templates

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: latest
  • Used Zammad installation type: package
  • Operating system: ubuntu
  • Browser + version: n/a

Question

I found the relevant templates to customise messages send to Slack:

When I customise/change them, are they going to be replaced when I update Zammad?

Thanks,
Till

After going through two updates, I think it’s safe to assume that they most likely will be replaced with the default/updated ones. From our experience, if you create templates for your language that doesn’t come with the software, these will be preserved.

We just keep our customized templates for both Slack and email notifications in a separate folder just in case. Same with custom CSS for front-end.

1 Like

All custom changes to existing files will always be overwritten upon update.

If you’re aiming for adding templates for new languages, a pull request actually would be the best way to go so that a) the community can benefit from it and b) it comes with updates. :wink:

Hi,

I am not looking to add another language - English/German suffice.

I wanted to make changes to the Slack templates to make them a little less noisy. E.g. I wouldn’t need everything that I responded to in the Slack message, or all links parsed. Do you have a suggestion how this could be done? We are happy to contribute a little code if that’s what it takes. But before, it would be great to find out what you have considered so far.

Till