Customizing login page to add impressum, privacy policy etc

Hello,

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 3.1
  • Used Zammad installation source: (standard package for ubuntu, as described in your documentation…)
  • Operating system: Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS (desktop, minimal installation)
  • Browser + version: Mozilla Firefox 69.0.2 (64bit)

Webserver is nginx. Database is PostgreSQL. All installed by zammad, nothing special. Elasticsearch is installed also.

My goal is, to customize the login page, to show links for impressum, privacy policy and a cookie note. This (IMHO) important point is missed in zammad.

Expected behavior:

• I found the page template „/opt/zammad/app/assets/javascript/app/views/login.jst.eco“. I hoped editing the page and cleaning cache and restarting zammad, will have effect.

Actual behavior:

• Editing the file has no effect. I can start/stop zammad, clear the cache - no success…

It seems that the delivered page comes from another, unchangeable source…

By the way, editing the ‚main‘ file „opt/zammad/app/views/init/index.html.erb“ has an effect.

Now my questions:

Is the login page template used or is there another page (a precompiled one)?

Are there more caches? I have cleaned it with „zammad run rails c“ and „Rails.cache.clear“. I cleaned it also with Nautilus (deleting cache folders in „opt/zammad/tmp“).

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• Edit the named file?

Thank you!

You have to recompile the assets, especially if they’re ECO-Files :wink:

zammad run rake assets:precompile

Don’t forget to restart Zammad.

Oh, thank you very much.
I’ve only been on rails a few hours… :slight_smile:
After installation of yarn 1.19.1 i can run the precompilation.

That’s odd. Normally you don’t need to install further packages and stuff on a normal package install.
The yarn information can be ignored and is not mandatory, commands should run either way.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.