Customize default subject of agent replies

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 5.0
  • Used Zammad installation type: package
  • Operating system: Debian 11 (bullseye)
  • Browser + version: various

We have an overall goal to remove the Ticket Title from the Subject of all email communications.

I have modified all the templates in /opt/zammad/app/views/mailer/ to use ticket.id as the subject.
I have modified all of our triggers in Manage > Triggers to remove ticket.title from the subject.

I have turned on “Email - subject field” in Composer Settings.

However, the subject line for new Agent Replies on a ticket is still auto-filled with the Ticket Title.

It it possible to prevent that auto-fill or change that auto-fill to something other than the Ticket Title, for example, the Ticket ID#?

Zammad does not have any options to completely whipe the subject and e.g. only insert a ticket number into it. I honestly also don’t understand the benefit. Any way.

The only workaround (which is very manual) is to enable the subject for ticket articles and then by hand remove the unwanted content before any send out.

Please note that this only applies to ticket answers not triggers nor agent notifications.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.