• Used Zammad installation source: package
  • Operating system: Debian 9
  • Browser + version: Windows 10 Chrome v77

Expected behavior:

• Ticket is updated and note is public, customer gets a notification by mail

Actual behavior:

• Ticket is updated and note is public, customer does not get a notification

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• Setup a trigger to send out mails on ticket ‘update’ and the condition “public” for the article. I want to avoid that outbound customers get annoyed with too many notifications.

This does not work for some reason. Can anybody help out, please?

Thanks to all people contributing to this great product with such a big potential!

Can you please share the whole configuration of said trigger?
We’ll gladly take a look then :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello @MrGeneration, thanks for your swift reply. Please find the screenshot as follows.

Regards,
Giovanni

Looks like either your group has no mail address assigned or your customer does not have an email address.

Please note that trigger based mails require a configured email address within your group. Otherwise, Zammad will not send any mails out. I just tested your trigger, it works fine if the user has a mail address and the group has an mail address configured.

This information, or rather the reason why this fails, should also life within the production log.

Hello,

Have tested again without success. The funny thing is, if I remove visibility=public then it works fine. I cannot see anything not working in production.log.

Thank you again.

Please provide either a screenshot of the ticket history you’re trying this in or a screenshot of your article with extended information fields (so just click on the article text once, greyish bars will open, I need that :wink: )

Good day!

PFA the screenshot. Many thanks - and please tell me that I am doing something wrong :slight_smile:

Now that’s odd, did you change the visibility after saving the article or did you save it as public already…?

1 Like

As I mentioned before: please tell me that I am doing something wrong. :smiley:

I merely did not see there is a button to change the visibility when a ticket is created in the left pane. I have just tested this and voilà it works as a charme.

Can this behaviour be included as well for existing notes?

Thanks again for your help and sorry for the confusion.

Giovanni

1 Like

Personally I don’t think that this would be a good idea.
Additionally, this is not a ticket update in our typically workflow which might cause confusion.

Also, if you change the visibility several times, this might spam your customers.

1 Like

Right, thinking about it, this was the main driver for this trigger: to avoid spam. So I can live with it as it is.

Thanks for the great support.

Regards,
Giovanni

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.