Customer accounts are automatically disabled

Hi hi,

  • Used Zammad version: 2.5.0-1529553951.1a225465.bionic
  • Used Zammad installation source:package
  • Operating system: Ubuntu 18.04
  • Browser + version: all

I have a problem. Somehow customer accounts become automatically disabled.
According to the customer account history an agent set him to active = false even so that agent wasn’t even loged in at that moment or anything.
I also don’t have any triggers or scheduled jobs to do so.


Ok I have to correct my post.
All users where deactivated at the excat same time from different agents. :thinking:

I found the source. Out LDAP-integration is the cause.
As soon as the sync of an user failes he disabled that account. Which somehow is ok and understandable but strange is, that in the user history always appears that another agent did that change.

That was happened to me (also unprocessable emails that when processed manually go in OK).

Turn postgres logging on and see if you get any deadlock errors around the time an account gets disabled.

Checkout my post on trying to work out what was going on and all the weird and incorrect theories I had before I got to the root cause. [SOLVED] High number of delayed_jobs

@chesty: thanks I will take a look at your threat.

To clear things up, my theorie was right. The LDAP-sync cased the issue. To get the full picture our LDAP-tree looks something like this:

Searchbase for our sync was ou=root but we only mapped users which are members of cn=ZAM_Admin,ou=my_company_01,ou=root or cn=ZAM_Agent,ou=my_company_01,ou=root.

Because there is no DN <-> Zammad Role mapping entry for those other users and that users without a mapping entry should get skipped (existing users will get deactivated)
@thorsteneckel: thanks for clearing that up! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.