Copy all communications to an email

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 3.1
  • Used Zammad installation source: package
  • Operating system: Centos 7
  • Browser + version: Firefox latest

Expected behavior:

I’d like to have a way to forward all of the email communications to a given email address.
I tried to use:
Setting.set(‘system_bcc’, ‘user@somewhere.smt’)

but that applies to outbound emails only.

Actual behavior:

Only outbound emails are forwarded.

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

Set:
Setting.set(‘system_bcc’, ‘user@somewhere.smt’)

restart Zammad

send an email to create or to update a ticket (for example).

Sent emails are the only email communications.
If you mean “trigger based mails” as a communication, then this works as designed.

Normally you wouldn’t want every notification to a customer in your e.g. archive.

Could you please share your use-case?

Hi I do agree with you that, normally, I wouldn’t want everything in my email all the time but that is what I’ve been asked.

I tried with the triggers and almost made it but I’m stuck when have to select between Article Last Sender, Owner, Customer, All Agents. Wouldn’t it be possible to add another element to the list? This way I’d select that single element.

I was thinking to use #{article.body} in the body of the email or in en.html.erb.custom but it doesn’t seems to forward the whole email message.

No sorry, right now we’re not having any plans to extend this.

Hi Marcel,
I’m fine with it, at this point I’ll look for a work-around at the email server level.
Again, thanks for your help and patience. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry Marcel,
re-reading the thread gave me an additional doubt:

“I tried with the triggers and almost made it but I’m stuck when have to select between Article Last Sender, Owner, Customer, All Agents. Wouldn’t it be possible to add another element to the list? This way I’d select that single element.”

My colleague asked me if it is possible to extend this list with, say, the individual agent names so that we could select just the agents what we want to be notified.

Is it that possible in any way?

Thanks again.

Technically this is possible, but not planned from our side.
I’m sorry, but I can’t provide developing howtos, as these changes would be a custom change.

Before you ask: Custom development is possible and would be somewhat about 4000 Euros for such an implementation. (We already had someone that asked)

1 Like

I’ll pass that info to my colleague :slight_smile:

Thanks again Marcel!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.