Connecting docker installation to Metabase

• Used Zammad version: latest
  • Used Zammad installation source: docker
  • Operating system: Ubuntu
  • Browser + version: Firefox

Hi, I’m trying to connect my docker installation to Metabase to extract some data. I have entered the IP from the docker container and the username/password zammad/zammad but it still can’t connect. What am I doing wrong?

can you connect using another pgsql client using those connection settings? This would be step 1, make sure you can connect.
Unable to connect is often just an configuration error, or an firewall issue.
Also using an ip in an docker environment isn’t common, usually you use the service name, or the ip of the host, only if you mapped the port of course.

I think nobody will really be able to help you here without knowing if Metabase is living in the same docker context or not as example. My guess is that firewalling just doesn’t allow the connection because by default, for very good reasons, accessing databases directly via ports from other places is not allowed.

For the record, i’m perfectly able to connect, having the metabase service within the zammad context, and assuming the database service is named: zammad-postgresql

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.