Checking for queued outbound emails

Info:

• Used Zammad version: 5.1
  • Used Zammad installation type: package
  • Operating system: debian buster

Hi all,

For various reasons, we’ve had to implement a self-hosted instance of Zammad at short notice. One of the things we did during the deployment was to point it at a mailserver that isn’t allowed to relay email outside of the company, until we were happy that we’d got the set up correct (accounts, signatures etc.), rather than accidentally spamming our customers from a half-set up system.

We’re now at the point where we are reasonably happy with the configuration, so we want to point it at a different mailserver that will allow us to send outbound email. However, I would like to double check that we’re not going to suddenly overwhelm customers with emails about things that we have dealt with, as we were doing things in parallel with the old system.

Reading through several posts on here, I’ve noticed that the command

Delayed::Job.count

should give me the outstanding jobs that have been delayed. Would this be only way to check for outstanding email messages, or is there a command to see the outbound email queue?

Alternatively, I know that we get an error listed on the ticket page when we try to send an email, which is “Can’t use Channel::Driver::Smtp: #<Net::SMTPFatalError: 550 relay not permitted >”. Is this only displayed after the system stops trying to send an email?

Many thanks in advance.

Above mentioned command provides all delayed jobs including emails that are going to be sent out.
Usually there shouldn’t be much to be outstanding if everything is working as expected.

Right. The yellow ticket article that’s added with an error message like above is created after Zammad gives up with trying to send the email. Zammad tries up to 4 times which usually doesn’t take longer than an hour.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.