Cannot Restore using Script

I cannot get the restore script with Zammad to work. It does not look for the type of database (psgl). Essentially when I try to restore, the script is looking for zammad_db…gz, not zammad_db.psgl.gz. Any help?

• Used Zammad version: Latest
  • Operating system: CentOS 7
  • Browser + version: Cmder

Expected behavior:

• Restore Backup

Actual behavior:

• Not inserting databse type

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• Backup
  • Attempt to restore on new install

Do you have some more information?

E.g. does the script return any messages like errors?

With the information up there it’s impossible to help you.
If you’ve already taken a look into our documentation ( https://docs.zammad.org/en/latest/appendix-backup-and-restore.html ) you should be able to use the scripts.

Most important question is if your database servers are identical (also known as “are you trying to mix MySQL with PostgreSQL?”)

I’m sorry for the lack of info. I was at work past time and got a little tired.

We are attempting to migrate our Zammad install from one place to another which has an identical installation. I created a backup of our current Zammad install using PostgreSQL.

I’ve written the files and edited the config file of the new Zammad install. When I attempt to restore the backup, I get the following:

Essentially, the only thing I can find wrong is the script is looking for “_zammad_db…gz” for the database backup instead of “_zammad_db.psql.gz” (missing the database type). After this, the restore aborts.

I have triple checked that all backup files are within the directory.

Thanks for the input.
That’s really odd, it looks like the script is not able to determine what database you’re using.

This information gets collected on Line 23 in functions:

and then will be called on Line 89 in functions:

Could you please check if the config file /opt/zammad/config/database.yml contains exactly the line adapter: postgresql ?
My guess is that your config is somehow wrong and this is the reason why the script fails.
It would be interesting if the Zammad service itself is running on your destination system?

Maybe an incomplete installation. Hope this helps.

This is what the destination database.yml looks like:

I installed Zammad originally myself but had someone else install Zammad on the destination.

Thanks for that.
I guess there’s your problem.

If this is the file being found at /opt/zammad/config/ (without further subfolders) then someone just copied the template file without doing usefull stuff to it.

I guess this is not a package installation but a installation from source?
Doesn’t look intended. :x

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.