Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 3.3
  • Used Zammad installation source: (source, package, …) package
  • Operating system: Centos7
  • Browser + version: Chrome on Linux

Expected behavior:

Actual behavior:

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

I created a search and I’d like to save it (similar to Overview) so I can call that search/filter regularly.
The search allows for better filtering than overviews, for instance I can use a * in the queue name (custom field) or in other fields. I can also play with ANDs and ORs.
Is it possible to save those searches so I can re-use them or re-run them, or is it possible to get better granularity on the overviews
Here’s an example of a search that I can’t reproduce in the Overviews:

owner.email:fgaspar@nixe.co.uk AND state:(open OR new) AND queue:Support*

On the attachment you can see the definition of the queue field. I want to be able to filter ALL the sub-categories of support or all the sub-categories of development. Overviews only allow me to select one.

If the functionality is not available, can I somehow create that condition directly on the the database in the overviews table?
Thanks in advance,
Federico

1 Like

Filtering subcategories of a tree select is not possible at this moment.
This works on a elasticsearch based search because it works differently. The filter backend however does not allow this action.

Please also note that overviews are not purely based on database queries and, beside of that, you should never try to “hard hack” an overview into the database. Always use the UI or rails console for such steps.

Zammad runs validations on your configurations to ensure you’re configuring stuff within application boundaries. If you skip these, you may cause your application to no longer function as expected in worst case.

At least for the overview thing there’s however an enhancement issue on our roadmap (ETA unknown): https://github.com/zammad/zammad/issues/2185

Apart from that, no - I’m afraid you can’t safe search queries in the detailed search. I think it has been a feature request on this board regarding this topic, but as far as I’m aware, we currently don’t have plans for such a step at this moment.

I think this question should be marked as feature request instead. I do think it would be an nice addition, as of right now you have to keep an separate document, with all your complex searches, and copy & paste them in the search bar. I don’t think it should be mixed with the overview feature. But it could be a feature of it’s own. It could be as simple have a save button next to the search query. And just a drop-down with your saved searches. Or they could be displayed as open cards, like right now happens with your active search; image

I believe that there are already threads for this kind of request.
Also this initial post is a technical question, we shouldn’t mix too much in order to keep a clean overview of things that are important.

If there’s no feature request for that yet, I’d like to suggest to create a new one.

could we convert this issue type to a feature request?

No, sorry, because it’s a technical question.
Please create a new clean post. It’s much better for everyones overview.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.