Bulk close single ticket leads to multiple notification mails with trigger

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 3.5.x
  • Operating system: Debian 4.19.132-1
  • Browser + version: Google Chrome 86.0.4240.111 64-Bit

Problem description:

Closing a ticket through bulk actions with final comment in the ticket-overview leads to multiple email notifications for the customer.

Translations marked red in the screenshots

Expected behavior:

• One single ticket-closed-notification mail is sent to the customer through the trigger as it already works when not using bulk edit, but the regular ticket view instead (when opening the ticket and then closing it from inside the ticket)

Actual behavior:

• Two ticket-closed-notification mails are sent through the trigger

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

With the following trigger active:

• Go to the ticket overview page (e.g. open tickets)
  • Select a single ticket
  • Change status of ticket to “closed”
  • Add a final comment
  • Confirm

I didn’t have the “action is refresh” in the trigger before but that didn’t change anything

Do I have a mistake in my trigger or somewhere else? Has anyone encountered this issue before?

Greetings,
Frederik

Sorry but this is due to the way your trigger is configured and in this case working as it’s supposed to.
As this are technically two updates this is a big difficult to address.

The thing is, the same thing will happen if an agent would update the closed ticket again too.
So you may want to adjust your trigger to be more restrictive as example.

If everything doesn’t work out like you want to, the trigger could add a specific tag upon fireing and within conditions ensure it’s not yet set.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.