Bug for new ticket on received calls

When creating new ticket for type received call with new customer there is an error that is warning about the customer having not a valid mailaddress.

expected behaviour for the ticket type “reveived call” is not warning for invalid mail address beacuse it is already as type “phone”.

Can you please provide a screenshot and provide below information? I can’t follow you right now.

* Used Zammad version: 
* Used Zammad installation source: (source, package, ...)
* Operating system: 
* Browser + version: 

### Expected behavior:

### Actual behavior:

### Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• Used Zammad version: 3.1.x
  • Used Zammad installation source: package
  • Operating system: CentOS 7 x64
  • Browser + version: Google Chrome Version 77.0.3865.90 (Offizieller Build) (64-Bit)

Expected behavior:

• Ticket should be created with new created customer without warning

Actual behavior:

• Ticket is not created with error “invalid email of customer”

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• Create new ticket -> received Call -> imput “Test” as title, “new new2” as customer, “Test A” as text.
    “new new2” is not

i am sorry, but i have no idea how to upload screenshoot

If “new new2” is not an existend user, you’ll have no chance.

You might want to check our user documentation:
http://user-docs.zammad.org/en/latest/basics/service-ticket/create.html

If you can’t find your user because it’s not there (yet), you have to press on “Create new customer” and create it. Entering a mail address is not necessary.

Confusing is the error message. it should have been something like “You need to create User/Customer first” but not “invalid email of customer” in case of none existing customer since we create a ticket for a received call and we do not need email address.

Better way would be (maybe feature request) the User is created within ticket creation with minimal information as givenaname “new” and lastname “new2”. (This would make things speedup).

I think that’s a bad idea for users that hit enter to “search” a user.
This would cause Zammad to create dozens of duplicate (invalid) users, which is a nightmare in cleanup.

This topic was automatically closed after 416 days. New replies are no longer allowed.