Automatic Ticket Assignment on Article Creation

Description:
I would like to automatically assign tickets to a user as soon as they begin drafting an article within a ticket.

Current Limitation:
Unfortunately, this is not currently possible. Zammad can automatically assign tickets to the first user who views the ticket. If this user tries to leave the ticket and close the tab, they are prompted to discard any changes.

Requirement:
We need a feature that allows for automatic ticket assignment specifically when a user starts composing an article, rather than just viewing the ticket. This should ideally be configurable via triggers or core workflows.

Background:
Currently, the assignment is tied to viewing the ticket, which does not fully meet our needs. Automating the assignment when an article is started would significantly improve our efficiency and ensure that tickets are managed more effectively from the moment an article is being drafted.

Additional Information:
This feature should be configurable through triggers or core workflows to allow for flexibility in different use cases.

Hello Bigcat,

As far as I know this can be accomplished using a trigger to update the ticket Owner once it is modified sending an email or a note, in my case I got it set to email only but in your case the note type would need to be selected aswell.

I am not a Zammad expert but this worked for me, hope it works for you too. See attached picture of the trigger configuration:

Best Regards,

Hello fpardo96,

thanks for your suggestion.

The idea of my wish is that the ticket is then directly assigned to a user as soon as he starts working on it, i.e. starts writing something in the ticket. So that the ticket is recognizable for all other users.

Otherwise it often happens with us that two agents work on a topic at the same time because they forget to set themselves as agents.

Conversely, if the ticket is automatically assigned to the agent when it is viewed, if he does nothing he forgets to delete himself as an agent again.

Ciao
Andreas

Hello,

What we do in our instance is to use a custom ticket state named Working On It.

So when an agent starts working on a ticket the first thing he does is updating the ticket state to Working on It.

I don’t think there is a way to update the owner until the ticket is updated since the changes are applied once you click on the Update button, but i may be missing something.

Have a good day!