Autofill of 'to' field in e-mail reply

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 5.4.0
  • Used Zammad installation type: docker-comoose
  • Operating system: Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
  • Browser + version: Firefox 100+

Expected behavior:

• As an agent, when i reply to a thread via e-mail, i expect the ‘to’ field to be automatically populated by the customer’s e-mail address.

Actual behavior:

• When i try to reply via email to a customer in a thread, the to field is empty and i have to manually type or paste the email adress.

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• Open an open ticket
  • Click on add note at the bottom of the thread
  • switch to email
  • the ‘to’ field is not populated automatically

Apologies, if i missed something, but i do not understand if this is actually an intended behavior of Zammad. I’d really expect the to field to be pre-populated by the customer’s e-mail adress.

Thanks and BR

Dear mfreudenberg,

This is expected behaviour (I guess).
Below the customer added note or email, there are two buttons to reply to this message (besides set to intern or split up): answer or forward.
When clicking answer, the notes window at the bottom will open up as an email and the customer mail address will be pasted automatically as well as the ticket title. This isn’t the case when clicking on forward or creating an email answer manually as you’ve described it.

Hope this helps.
Best regards

Hi @twonnecke,

meanwhile i figured out the use case! Actually, it’s super easy once you find the right button. They’re quite small, so i couldn’t find them at first.

Nevertheless, thanks for your help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.