On further investigation, this does not seem to be a problem with the trigger. I assigned the same trigger to a different group, and redirected the same test mailbox to that group’s email, and the trigger works…
So now I am lost. Could it be something with the mailbox configuration? The group configuration? I do not know enough about how Zammad evaluates triggers.
I have identified the cause, and it is not an issue in Zammad.
If my test account is redirected to the “it.support” mailbox, then Exchange is adding the following header:
Zammad is configured to skip auto replies if it finds that header.
Confusingly, if my test account is redirected to “exp.support”, a different mailbox in zammad, then Exchange does NOT add that header.
I realize this now goes outside the scope of this community, but if anyone has some ideas why Exchange would behave like that, I’d appreciate hearing about it.
What rule in exchange is adding those prefixes? That isn’t a default configuration.
If you don’t want them, you need to adjust that rule to stop adding them.
That is the $1 Million question. I can’t find any rules in Exchange that are doing this. Our Exchange admin left the org recently, so I am left to dig. Thanks for the reply though.
That’s always tough when you don’t know the setup. I have been in this situation so many times.
You’ll want to check two places. Mail Flow rules and Mailbox rules. You may want to go through each rule to see what they are doing exactly. Sounds like you have some tedious work ahead of you.
I I got a similar problem. Only my mail is redirected by google workspace. And I don’t know what to do.
I have zammad on the domain suport.domain.tld, but emails come to @domain.tld and are redirected to the mailbox firstname.lastname@example.org from where zammad picks them up. And autoresponse doesn’t work. If you send a letter to email@example.com - everything is ok.