Auto assign new Tickets to Agent or Group based on Sender/Customer Email Address

That little feature would make our live much easier :slight_smile:

Infos:

Used Zammad version: 2.7.x
Used Zammad installation source: DEB
Operating system: Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch)
Browser + version: Firefox 

Expected behavior:

Auto assign new Ticket to Agents or Group based on Sender/Customer Email Address.

Actual behavior:

New to Zammad and can not find a solution for this in the documentation nor within the community.

Thanks to all, Harald

Hi! I think you can user filters on e-mail channel configuration to assign new tickets to groups and even agents. Later on, you can use triggers to do the same thing based on ticket update. Finally you can use scheduled jobs to run batch updates on tickets.

Dear Matias, thanks for the answer. My first tries did go in that direction. But this approach is a bit complicated and would generate a lot of work to maintain it. What I am looking for, is a way to assign each customer to a group that contains agents or direct to a single agent. This would create a auto dispatching system, saves time and speeds up replies.

Hi! I donโ€™t know if I got you right but I understand you want to route customer tickets to a given group or set of groups depending on the given customer. Itโ€™s seems to me a job for e-mail filters at first. I do this actually, I have a couple of VIP clients that I assign to a priority group with dedicated agents.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.