Allow editing and deletion of internal notes after 10 minutes

Currently, Zammad will prevent you from editing or deleting your own internal notes after 10 minutes.

This apparently causes some frustration in our team because people want to use internal notes to track ongoing progress, for example, to have a note that is continuously updated to reflect the current state of an issue. The current behavior of Zammad unfortunately pretty much prevents this.

I do understand that this behavior is intentional for revision safety, but I think it would be useful to have this configurable (with a hidden option if need be). Then administrators could decide whether they prefer the revision safety for internal notes, or if the ability to track ongoing changes in a single note is more important.

3 Likes

Heya,

the good news is that we do have this on our list already:

The bad news is that the ETA is unknown.

2 Likes

My understanding is that this has since been added (the ability to adjust the time frame for deleting).

But I can’t for the life of me figure out how to set it. Am I missing something?

That is because it is a hidden setting. You can find it’s name in the commit you mentioned: Fixes #2990 - Backward compatibility of deleting own notes · zammad/zammad@e037b60 · GitHub

You can find further hints on how to set settings on the console here:
https://docs.zammad.org/en/latest/admin/console/hidden-settings.html

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 416 days. New replies are no longer allowed.