Agents can't edit users

Infos:

Important:
If you are a Zammad Support or hosted customer and experience a technical issue, please refer to: support@zammad.com using your zammad-hostname / or company contract.

• Used Zammad version: 2.6.x
  • Used Zammad installation source: (source, package, …) deb
  • Operating system: ubuntu 18.04

Expected behavior:

• agents can edit all users in group “Customer”. that was until someone deactivated and reactivated the “customer” group in our setup.

Actual behavior:

• only users in group “Admin” can edit users and customers.

is there any chance to reenable all agents to edit customers?

Sorry for the delay.
That’s odd - I tried that and cannot reproduce that.

How did you deactivate the Customer-Role ?

Sorry, I‘m in Holidays so I couldn‘t answer erlier.
I deactivated it over the webui.

Okay, I was able to dig deeper into it. As far as I can see, all agents can change customer accounts if they have been assigned the right to change users via role management. Then they can also change their own accounts, the accounts of colleagues/supervisors and make changes in their name. Is that desired?

Thanks for digging deeper.
I think that this is desired, but maybe @thorsteneckel can give us a better clue if it’s not.

This is the logic that checks if a user can be changed by another user:

Seems like your Role misses the required permissions.

ok, I checked that. All Agents are in group “agent” and all customers are default in group “customer”:

Please provide the same screenshot for the user that can’t be changed. Please make sure to add Permission screenshots for all assigned Roles :+1:

Hi @thorsteneckel thanks for helping.

here are the screenshots:

We removed the access to the own tickets because we don’t want to allow customers to login to zammad and see there tickets. Zammad should in first be a tool for our agents.

Sure! Have a look, the Customer Role is missing the ticket.customer permission. This should do the trick :crossed_fingers:

@thorsteneckel thank you, that did it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.