After an action the option "next_state_id" is ignored

Hi,.
we have a problem with our Zammad installation setting the correct ticket status after a ticket update.

Infos:

Used Zammad version: 5.2.3
Used Zammad installation type: package
Operating system: Windows 10
Browser + version: Google Chrome und Microsoft Edge

Expected behavior:

When setting the status “Rückfrage extern / External enquiry”, the status should be set to “Antwort erhalten / Reply received” after the update.

Actual behavior:

The ticket is set to the open status again

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

This happens with every test

More info:

The two statuses have been newly created via the rails console. I checked the options set for the status via the Api and everything looks fine.

This is the new status:

This is to be set after an update:

But this is set:

Here you can see in the history that the status open is set again:

When researching here in the forum and on Google, I could not find any info on this behaviour.

Thank you very much for useful tips and hints

next_state_id has a very specific use case:
https://docs.zammad.org/en/latest/admin/console/working-on-tickets.html#pending-reminders

Our documentation states the use case for that attribute. If your state is not a pending state, the attribute is not used at all.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for the information. I didn’t quite understand that in the documentary.
Then we will think about a different procedure internally and set the status manually.
Or do you have a tip for me on how we can automate this?
Thank you very much.

No tip sorry.
You can’t have more than one follow up state. By default the follow up state is “open” - I assume that the history part you’ve provided is a customer answering on the ticket which causes a follow up.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.