Advanced search for `state` and `state_id` is broken

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 4.4.0-20 (listed as 4.0.x in settings)
  • Installation method (source, package, …): docker compose
  • Operating system: archlinux
  • Database + version: ? (docker version)
  • Elasticsearch version: ? (docker version)
  • Browser + version: Vivaldi 3.7.2218.52

Expected behavior:

(as listed in user-docs searching for state:open do get replaced with state.name:open with zammad >= 4.0)

1. search for state.name:open should result only in tickets, which do have the state open.
  2. (old behaviour: search for state:open should result only in tickets, which do have the state open.)
  3. search for state_id:2 should result only in tickets, which do have the state open.

Actual behavior:

1. no tickets get returned.
  2. some tickets with state new, open, closed and pending reminder get returned
  3. some tickets with state new, open, closed and pending reminder get returned

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. search for state.name:open
  2. search for state:open
  3. search for state_id:2

(same for any other state or state_id)

I updated the docker compose from 3.6.0-67 to 4.0.0-20 as described here (→ Docker compose) today and went into this issue.
As there is no note for upgrading from 3.6.0-67 to 4.0.0-20 I don’t think, that I did something wrong… Do I missed something?

What about the very first note?

Before updating to a new version, you may want to have a look into the official release notes. These will provide further information on new feature and fixes, but also technical remarks that may be relevant during an upgrade!

Extra hint, the heading Technical Notes & Breaking Changes on Major Release: Zammad 4.0
I’m sure you did not run the searchindex rebuild as required.

I see, there are more places for upgrade notes, not just in zammad-docker-compose. I give it a try, and think the issue will be gone.

Thanks for your help :).

1 Like

The docker-compose readme only contains docker-compose specific upgrade notes if they do not affect other user groups (source / package)

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.