Add i-doit objects to time accounting reports

Hi there,

would like to see the integration of linked i-doit objects in the time accounting ticket report, so that we can see which assets caused most trouble and how much time we spent on it.

Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Hi,

I like that idea.
But do you think zammad is the right place to have this information?
What about having the information in idoit?

You will do any reporting on objects (CIs) in idoit.
When the accounting information is stored in idoit, the reports will have more options.

Think about cmdb status and all the other information in idoit that could be used in conjunction with the accounting information from zammad to do cool and useful reports.

So my preferred solution would be to store zammad accounting information of the ticket in idoit.

Will you attend the idoit Anwenderkonferenz in september?
Maybe we could discuss this topic there.
@martini will be a speaker and I‘m shure that @chris who developed the idoit part of the interface between zammad and idoit.

@chris: what do you think about this topic.
Would it be useful having an option to store any ticket information in a multivalue category of a user defined category?
This could solve any usecase and should not be to hard to do?

Cheers
Gerhard

Good Morning!

Up to now, there is no data synced between i-doit and Zammad but you always get a live view from either side. While it should be possible to show the time accounting in the tickets view from i-doit (would have to check this though), there is no way for the i-doit report manager to access, this data.

It shouldn’t be difficult to write a small script, that regularly fetches information from Zammad and stores them in i-doit for later use in reports. Also it is possible to write tags to Zammad tickets, according to linked i-doit objects. This tags could then be used in the Zammad “CONDITIONS FOR EFFECTED OBJECTS” filter settings. But in both situations one need to recognise if a link gets removed and remove the information on i-doit or Zammad.

A direct integration to the Zammad “CONDITIONS FOR EFFECTED OBJECTS” would be nice, but all Zammad knows about i-doit objects is their id.

ciao
chris

Sorry for the late response. Was busy the last few days.
For us, the information about which i-doit asset is linked to a ticket makes more sense to us, because we only need the asset name on the time accounting excel report as Zammad is our leading system in this case.
I’m afraid I won’t have time to attend the Anwenderkonferenz, although I’m from Bavaria, but we’re a small IT team consisting of two persons and my colleague is on vacation.

This topic was automatically closed after 416 days. New replies are no longer allowed.