502 Bad Gateway on fresh installation

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 6.2.0
  • Used Zammad installation type: (source, package, docker-compose, …) package
  • Operating system: Rocky Linux 9
  • Browser + version: 115.8.0esr (64-bit)

Expected behavior:

• Greetings, I have installed zammad from package and I have followed the documentation to install the package, but I couldn’t access zammad web interface.

Actual behavior:

• I am getting 502 Bad Gateway error as I try to access the interface with an IP

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• I followed instruction for Cent OS and installed everything based on that, including applying SElinux and Firewall. I saw the same issue opened years ago but I couldn’t reply since it is closed already, I tested if rails is working using zammad run rails c and it shows an error
zammad@localhost ~]$ zammad run rails c
/opt/zammad/vendor/bundle/ruby/3.1.0/gems/bootsnap-1.17.0/lib/bootsnap/load_path_cache/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:32:in `require': libssl.so.1.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory - /opt/zammad/vendor/bundle/ruby/3.1.0/gems/openssl-3.2.0/lib/openssl.so (LoadError)

I have already installed openssl on my computer but couldn’t figure out why it is not working.

This is not a supported distribution for package installations. If you want to run Zammad on an unsupported distribution, you might want to try to install from source.

But my personal recommendation, use another distro.

Yeah but Rocky Linux is a replacement of CentOS. Cent OS is not in active development. Everything is the same, the issue seems not finding or reading openssl.so inside zammad path /opt/zammad/vender

I think zammad package uses older version of openssl, that is the issue, I am trying to install the compatible package.

Yeah, but you will always need to tinker, if you use an unsupported distro. Is it worth it?

Ok I fixed the first problem after installing the compatibility package of openssl sudo dnf install compat-openssl11.

I am not getting an error from zammad run rails c

[zammad@localhost ~]$ zammad run rails c
Loading production environment (Rails 7.0.8.1)
[1] pry(main)> 

But I am still facing the same issue, and checking zammad-error-log, there is no clue on the output:

2024/03/21 11:41:36 [error] 53676#53676: *7 connect() failed (111: Connection refused) while connecting to upstream, client: 192.168.4.97, server: 192.168.4.97, request: "GET / HTTP/1.1", upstream: "http://127.0.0.1:3000/", host: "192.168.4.97"

@YetAnotherGerrit

Rocky Linux resembles CentOS almost no difference between them except CentOS is not supported anymore.
I have tried installing from source on Fedora and I didn’t succeed it is so painful I have posted the issue here. That’s why I switched to Rocky Linux so that I can easily install it using package manager.

@MrGeneration any ideas on this?
Is there any place too look for such issues?