Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 4.1.x
  • Used Zammad installation type: package
  • Operating system: Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
  • Browser + version: Chrome

Expected behavior:

• Configure email for notifications successfully

Actual behavior:

• When we are configuring notifications mail we get this error ‘501 5.1.7 Bad sender address syntax’, at the moment we do not have a fqdn domain but a we have zammad on public ip, but we have already configured with a domain and it also gives us the error

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• We only enter our mail server in the ‘host’ space, then the username and password, to port 587 and it throws us the error

Don’t know if you already solved this but this message comes from your mailserver and means that your mailserver doesn’t allow you to use the specified sender address you entered together with the credentials you gave. Make sure you have a user with the correct mail address you want to use in Zammad set up on your mailserver.

Yes awedor, I am still waiting the answer from hostway cause our conclution was that the problem is from the server mail, cause with gmail I didn’t have any problem. I will update this ticket with the finish solution for improve the zammad community.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.