Zammad 5.2 extremely slow since update from 5.0

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 5.2.0
  • Used Zammad installation type: debian package
  • Operating system: debian 10
  • Browser + version: different
  • ESXi, VM has 8 cores E5-2697a V4, 40GB RAM, SSD backed storage, VM host is not too busy…
  • HAProxy as reverse proxy in front of nginx (certificate handling etc)

Expected behavior:

• zammad works nicely and smoothly

Actual behavior:

• zammad is slow, opening tickets takes 20-30-40 seconds
  • high rails server and websocket-server load (see htop screenshot)

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• have 10-20 agents online
  • wait

After updating from build 80bf57c1 (we had 1 or 2 ruby/puma processes running at 90-100% all the time and one background-worker.rb with 50-90%) to 743b9821 (I luckily found After updating to 5.2.0 version Zammad works very slow - Technical assistance - Zammad - Community half an hour ago) it got better, puma does not produce as high load. Still not too desirable though.

performance optimizations:

• elasticsearch.yml:
    http.max_content_length: 400mb
    indices.query.bool.max_clause_count: 2048

We are running 10-30 agents simultaneously, and unfortunately there are ~40 overviews (which are restricted group-wise, so each user has a maximum of 10 overviews, less is not possible unfortunately)

Any clue how to get this to work smoother again? Before we updated to 5.2, it was really quick…

Duplicate of After updateing to 5.2.0 version Zammad works very slow

Sorry, not a duplicate, as I referenced exactly that article and already have installed the mentioned patch…

Alright, then please read documentation:
https://docs.zammad.org/en/latest/appendix/configure-env-vars.html

Did something significantly change between 5.0 and 5.2 that I may need to adjust WEB_CONCURRENCY or so? Just asking, because it was nice and fast before…

I fiddled around with WEB_CONCURRENCY. 4 works quite good , the zammad deployment is quick and snappy again!
Thanks for a great piece of open source software!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.