Unprocessable mails

Infos:

Important:
If you are a Zammad Support or hosted customer and experience a technical issue, please refer to: support@zammad.com using your zammad-hostname / or company contract.

• Used Zammad version: 2.4.0
  • Used Zammad installation source: (source, package, …)
  • Operating system: Ubuntu OS
  • Browser + version: Safari 11.1.11

Expected behavior:

• e-mails from IMAP are added to the system.

Actual behavior:

• No IMAP e-mails are processed, however, in Activity feed, I can see Customers being created out of those incoming e-mails. In Monitoring, I can see Current status: unprocessable mails: 1

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• Not sure

The question is, how do I repair Zammad to be able to process e-mails again. Do I need to delete all e-mails from IMAP and restart the server or does it get more complicated?

I’ve had a few unprocessable emails, but it hasn’t stopped other emails from being downloaded.

I guess you’ve set zammad to not delete emails from the inbox?

You’ll find the unprocessable email in /opt/zammad/tmp/unprocessable_mail/
(I’m not sure about the ‘/opt/zammad’ part for your system, but the ‘tmp/unprocessable_mail/’ is right.
Maybe move it out of that directory and find that email in your imap inbox and move it out of the inbox into a folder?

1 Like

Exactly, I am not deleting e-mails from inbox.

Will try that, thank you!

You can bounce broken E-Mails to “force” a new fetch to zammad - especially in your case that should work.

If you do not want to do that, you can use the content of the E-Mail under /opt/zammad/var/spool/unprocessable_mail/
to add the E-Mails content to a manual ticket.

That’s how I’ve done it with 1 Ticket. :slight_smile:

Edit: After that you can delete the E-Mail from the zammad tmp-directory without any danger.
Edit2: Prior Zammad 6.0 those Emails where located within /opt/zammad/tmp/unprocessable_mail/

You can always see the latest version of commands in Zammads documentation:
https://docs.zammad.org/en/latest/admin/console/other-useful-commands.html#reprocess-unprocessable-mails

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.