Some Basic Information Coming from OTRS

Hi all!

We are currently trying to move away from OTRS, and Zammad is one of our options.

But there are two main blockers for us:

What replaces queues? Tags?
This seems odd to us because we currently nest some of our queues, and adding multiple tags to a ticket doesn’t seem to give us the same type of workflow as a nested queues, and it appears much more difficult to slot into the right place automatically.

Is there a form/equivalent to process tickets? We currently have tickets with button that step our through processes/stages in OTRS. Is this possible with Zammad? What would be the name of such functionality, if so?

I understand Zammad isn’t made to be a direct replacement for OTRS necessarily, but it appears to be one of the most polished offerings of the options so far. I’d love to make it work :slight_smile:

Cheers, please let me know if there’s any more information I can provide.
Alex

Queues are Groups in Zammad.
The basically function the same way.

I’m afraid here comes a fairly big change.
As of now Zammad does not support nested groups like in OTRS.
As far as I’m aware Zammads Migrator will left such groups into the same layer - so they’re not lost.

Right now the core has triggers and schedulers.
However, this doesn’t really replace processes and stuff.

Spoiler spoiler: Zammad 5.0 will come with something that will remind you of object form flow.
It should be able to bring you quite near to processes.

I think Zammad can compete on fairly a lot parts right now, but, it’s still young and won’t offer everything you got in OTRS.

Good luck on your journey.

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.