Replies from customers create new ticket

Well, yes, it is :slight_smile:
The standards don’t really say anything about it, so at the end of the day, the behavior is implementation-dependent. Each implementation should do what makes the most sense it its case.

If Zammad uses different Message-IDs in this case to prevent this from occurring, that’s IMO perfectly fine.

But if @herzkerl wants Zammad to match customer replies to the BCC’d mail of his 3rd party system, and the 3rd party system prevents this by using different Message-IDs that seem to serve no other useful purpose, than the behavior of this 3rd party system is obviously not fine :smiley:

I think so: Adding Cc and Bcc recipients to your message | Direct Mail

I’ve asked Directmail support and will let you know if they provide any useful feedback.

Here’s the feedback from the Direct Mail team:

Thank you for your email. Yes, the emails that get sent to BCC and CC recipients have a different Message-ID header than the email that gets sent to the TO recipient.

The reason for this is that, unlike a regular email client, the email body content is actually slightly different for CC/BCC and TO recipients. For example, the email body content for CC/BCC recipients will not have email open-and-click tracking tags.

However, we understand that this complicates your integration with your ticketing system. We may change how this works in a future update. In the meantime, perhaps you could add a custom “Reply-To” header to your outgoing emails that would help your ticketing system match up the replies?

Is there any way to use custom ‘Reply-To’ headers to merge that second email automatically? If not, I’ll wait for a Direct Mail update :slight_smile:

I’m afraid there’s not, unless you fiddle around with your reply-to headers on your mail server directly.
However, that in my opinion might lead to other issues you proberbly don’t want to have.