Red frame around answer email to customer

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 4.1.x

• Used Zammad installation type: no packages

• Operating system: Windows

• Browser + version: Firefox 89.0.2 (64 bit)

• In an email conversation with a customer, I have sent emails back and forth. The latest email that we sent was, however, surrounded by red frame, which for us usually only appears around internal notes. Now I know that this is marking an “internal” email, but in my testing I got even the internal emails through to my test account. So now I am wondering what is even the use of these internal emails if I can send them to customers anyways?

In some situations you may want to have communications that are not directed to the ticket customer directly without creating a new or independent ticket.

This could also apply to incoming communication.
Sometimes you just have to or want to hide things from your customer.

That’s the use case.

1 Like

But this does not really hide anything, does it? Even if I address an email to a customer that I dubbed “internal”, the email still gets sent to whoever is the intended recipient?

Correct. Sometimes you might want to ask a third party (e.g. vendor) something about that customer’s case, but you don’t want that request – or their answer – being visible to the customer.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.