RAMDisk and Memcached or only one of it?

Hello,

I would like to speed up our Zammad instance a bit, as we are now growing from 15 agents to around 35 agents, as another department would like to use the system with us. For this I have already doubled the hardware (now 4 CPU, 16 GB RAM) and activated RamDisk for the directory /opt/zammad/tmp. The directory is always only a few MB in size for me (currently 30 MB).

I read in the documentation that memcached can be used. Can I use this for the RamDisk or do I have to/should I deactivate it for this? Does that bring more power afterwards than a RamDisk?

I would be happy about a short info.
I have already set WEB_CONCURRENCY to 4 and ZAMMAD_PROCESS_SCHEDULED_JOBS_WORKERS to 1.

Do you have any other tips for better performance?
We noticed last week that tickets with so many users take 2-3 seconds to open.
I can also pack more hardware underneath, since the system is a virtual machine if needed.

Thanks in advance!

We use: Zammad 5.2.1 (update from yesterday, Ubuntu 20.04.3 with latest postgres and elastic version)

1 Like

Putting that directory in RAM or using memcached might help. If you run your Zammad instance on spinning disks, this will probably have some sort of positive impact on performance regarding disk I/O. We use SSD’s in our setups, so for us there’s little performance gain of having that data either in RAM or on disk.

You may want to check out some of the troubleshooting tips mentioned here (and read the warnings on blindly following advice):

You might also look into tuning PostgreSQL, if you haven’t already. You can compare some configurations here:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.