Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 5.3.1-1674057058.5f657f26.bionic
  • Used Zammad installation type: package
  • Operating system: Ubuntu
  • Browser + version: Chrome

We have recently been getting errors like these:

Error ID 5lb-5xBa: Please contact your administrator
When users try to open tickets.

Logs show this seems to be an error with PG, but don’t seem to indicate the cause.

E, [2023-01-20T08:25:52.432316 #849-19992440] ERROR -- : Error ID G0gZ0dZ2: PG::InFailedSqlTransaction: ERROR: current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block

I’m not enough of a database expert to determine the issue. Any assistance would be appreciated.

I think my error is due to our PG Connections setting. It was still at default (500 I think?). I followed the docs here: Configure Database server — Zammad documentation and increased the number of connections.

Will continue to monitor.

The default for PostgreSQL’s max_connections is usually set at 100 connections. If you’re hitting that, you should see a specific line in your logs. I have written a bit about this in the following post:

I’m not seeing the errors in the Zammad UI anymore, but I am still seeing the following error in PG’s logs:

2023-01-20 15:14:28.572 EST [2580] zammad@zammad ERROR: current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block

Thoughts on the cause?

Yeah, check this. You may want to change the way PostgreSQL logs as well, as you’re probably missing log information.

Restart postgresql and Zammad to ensure PGSQL versions are fitting in runtime.
The issue should disappear after that.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.