Migration to 5.0 breaking LDAP and SAML login

Hi,
I had the same problem on our instance, fortunately I managed to fix it using the instructions here and also since I have two instances running I tried again with the second - the problem seems to be mostly/entirely on not clearing the cache before upgrading.

On the install instructions:
Step 4: Clear Zammad cache

$ zammad run railsr "Cache.clear"

produces

sh: 1: exec: railsr: not found

(extra r after rails) and the presumably correct zammad run rails "Cache.clear" or zammad run rails Cache.clear both product the following:

rails aborted!
Don’t know how to build task ‘Cache.clear’ (See the list of available tasks with rails --tasks)
Did you mean? tmp:cache:clear
/opt/zammad/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/railties-5.2.4.6/lib/rails/commands/rake/rake_command.rb:23:in block in perform' /opt/zammad/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/railties-5.2.4.6/lib/rails/commands/rake/rake_command.rb:20:in perform’
/opt/zammad/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/railties-5.2.4.6/lib/rails/command.rb:48:in invoke' /opt/zammad/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/railties-5.2.4.6/lib/rails/commands.rb:18:in
/opt/zammad/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/bootsnap-1.3.2/lib/bootsnap/load_path_cache/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:21:in require' /opt/zammad/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/bootsnap-1.3.2/lib/bootsnap/load_path_cache/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:21:in block in require_with_bootsnap_lfi’
/opt/zammad/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/bootsnap-1.3.2/lib/bootsnap/load_path_cache/loaded_features_index.rb:65:in register' /opt/zammad/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/bootsnap-1.3.2/lib/bootsnap/load_path_cache/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:20:in require_with_bootsnap_lfi’
/opt/zammad/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/bootsnap-1.3.2/lib/bootsnap/load_path_cache/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:29:in require' /opt/zammad/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/activesupport-5.2.4.6/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:291:in block in require’
/opt/zammad/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/activesupport-5.2.4.6/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:257:in load_dependency' /opt/zammad/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/activesupport-5.2.4.6/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:291:in require’
/opt/zammad/bin/rails:9:in `’
(See full trace by running task with --trace)

However, running zammad rails run c followed by Cache.clear seemed to produce no errors (though a lot of output - tmp files it’s presumably clearing out).

After this, running the package update (apt in my case) ran correctly, with DB migrations and resulted in a working install. The problem with the process seems to be the instruction to clear the cache not working - the instructions have a typo in them, but even without that there is an error on both my systems at least.

Thanks for the hint.
Seems like I did have fat fingers again.

This is addressed by the following commit fix rails r typo · zammad/zammad-documentation@4e92988 · GitHub and currently running through CI. The documentation page affect should be updated within the next 5-15 minutes.

For me correct fixed was

zammad run rails r “Cache.clear”

then

apt-get install --reinstall zammad

1 Like

NEW SECURITY RELEASE: ZAMMAD 5.0.1

Hey everyone!
This is a quick shout-out to let you know that a few users with special constellations noticed an unwelcome change after upgrading to Zammad 5.0: They suddenly saw tickets in the Overview that belonged to groups they were not a part of. While the tickets as such were not accessible to them (they could only see the metadata), it still represents a flaw from a privacy and security perspective. :sos:

We have now created a Security Release that fixes this problem.
If you have already installed Zammad 5.0, please upgrade to 5.0.1 to ensure you don’t face the same issue.

All the details can be found in the Release Notes.

Thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.