Join Us in Making Zammad More Accessible - Translations with Deepl Integration

Dear Community,

Zammad is all about making customer support better for everyone, everywhere. We believe that language should never be a barrier to accessing great software. :rocket:

That’s why we’re reaching out to you to help us break down these language barriers and translate Zammad into as many languages as possible. And here’s the exciting part: With our Deepl Integration, translating Zammad has never been easier or faster. It offers high-quality suggestions that can significantly speed up the translation process! :star2:

How You Can Contribute

The translation of Zammad and its documentation is made simple through Weblate, a collaborative translation platform that’s user-friendly and efficient. Here’s how you can get started:

• Visit Zammad’s Weblate Instance: Simply go to: https://translations.zammad.org

• Create an Account or Sign In: If you don’t have an account yet, you can easily create one on Weblate. Alternatively, you can sign in using your GitHub account for a seamless experience.

• Utilize Deepl Integration: Take advantage of our Deepl Integration, which provides high-quality suggestions to boost the translation process.

For detailed instructions on how to start with Weblate, please visit our documentation: Start — Zammad documentation

If you have any questions, suggestions, or need guidance, please don’t hesitate to comment below.

Thank you for your contribution — your efforts will empower non-English speakers to deliver exceptional customer support using Zammad’s features. :earth_africa: :heart:

7 Likes

I recently discovered Zammad and I am very excited about its features. I did notice that translations are incomplete in my native language (Slovak) and joined to help translate the product.
One question though - i see that some of the suggestions for word translations have been entered long time ago, but were not yet approved. How does one become authorized to approve those translations? Same with strings that I suggested in Slovak language - what happens with those suggestions. Do these need to be approved as well? I am willing to help help here.

You can apply for this after adding a significant number of translations.
It’s not just “sheer number” but also time, because it means great responsibility etc. :slight_smile:

Thank you for your contribution at any point.