Howto add new Ticket State

Hello to all,

is there any finale tutorial on how to add a new ticket status? Best via the web GUI.
I´m running Zammad in Version 3.1 on CentOS 7.

Thanks in Advance
Marc

Not via UI, but via console:
https://docs.zammad.org/en/latest/console/working-on-tickets.html#add-new-ticket-state

Hi all,

the status of my newly created ticket state is unvisible. Is see the new state in the drop-down menu.
But if i assign this state to a ticket, i cant see it in the overview anymore. What did i wrong?

The way i added the new state:

• zammad run rails c
  • Ticket::State.create_or_update(
    id: 8
    name: ‘warten auf Rückmeldung’,
    state_type: Ticket::StateType.find_by(name: ‘pending reminder’), ### to get the ticket marked grey (or is there another way?)
    ignore_escalation: true,
    created_by_id: 1,
    updated_by_id: 1,
    )
  • attribute = ObjectManager::Attribute.get(
    object: ‘Ticket’,
    name: ‘state_id’,
    )
    attribute.data_option[:filter] = Ticket::State.by_category(:viewable).pluck(:id)
    attribute.screens[:create_middle][‘ticket.agent’][:filter] = Ticket::State.by_category(:viewable_agent_new).pluck(:id)
    attribute.screens[:create_middle][‘ticket.customer’][:filter] = Ticket::State.by_category(:viewable_customer_new).pluck(:id)
    attribute.screens[:edit][‘ticket.agent’][:filter] = Ticket::State.by_category(:viewable_agent_new).pluck(:id)
    attribute.screens[:edit][‘ticket.customer’][:filter] = Ticket::State.by_category(:viewable_customer_edit).pluck(:id)
    attribute.save!
  • reboot server

Thx, Daniel.

P.S.: The new state is not listet with Ticket:StateType.all:

Two things:
Please don’t recycle old threads, because this worsens overview of things for both, people trying to help and people trying to find solutions. :slight_smile:

Secondly: In this special case, the output of your console would have been perfec. Ignoring the fact that Zammad version and installation type would be useful as well. :wink:

The ticket was not closed yet and only one month old… That’s why I assumed that it fits the theme. :slight_smile:
There were no error messages during the creation of the new status. Unfortunately I don’t have anything in my cache anymore. We are using centos 7 with zammad 3.1.x…

Is there a command to delete this state? So i can try it again and can post the console output.

P.S.: This is ID 8 output, which i´ve deactivated now => #<Ticket::State id: 8, state_type_id: 3, name: “warten auf Rückmeldung”, next_state_id: nil, ignore_escalation: true, default_create: false, default_follow_up: false, note: nil, active: true, updated_by_id: 1, created_by_id: 1, created_at: “2019-09-05 14:52:31”, updated_at: “2019-09-05 15:35:10”>

Here is the output for the new state:

[root@dre-ts-01 ~]# zammad run rails c
Loading production environment (Rails 5.2.3)
irb(main):001:0> ^C
irb(main):001:0> Ticket::State.create_or_update(
irb(main):002:1* name: ‘warten auf Rückmeldung’,
irb(main):003:1* state_type: Ticket::StateType.find_by(name: ‘closed’),
irb(main):004:1* created_by_id: 1,
irb(main):005:1* updated_by_id: 1,
irb(main):006:1* ignore_escalation: true,
irb(main):007:1* )
=> #<Ticket::State id: 9, state_type_id: 5, name: “warten auf Rückmeldung”, next_state_id: nil, ignore_escalation: true, default_create: false, default_follow_up: false, note: nil, active: true, updated_by_id: 1, created_by_id: 1, created_at: “2019-09-06 08:49:15”, updated_at: “2019-09-06 08:49:15”>
irb(main):008:0> attribute = ObjectManager::Attribute.get(
irb(main):009:1* object: ‘Ticket’,
irb(main):010:1* name: ‘state_id’,
irb(main):011:1* )
=> #<ObjectManager::Attribute id: 6, object_lookup_id: 2, name: “state_id”, display: “State”, data_type: “select”, data_option: {“relation”=>“TicketState”, “nulloption”=>true, “multiple”=>false, “null”=>false, “default”=>2, “translate”=>true, “filter”=>[2, 1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8], “maxlength”=>255}, data_option_new: {}, editable: false, active: true, screens: {“create_middle”=>{“ticket.agent”=>{“null”=>false, “item_class”=>“column”, “filter”=>[2, 1, 3, 4, 7, 8]}, “ticket.customer”=>{“item_class”=>“column”, “nulloption”=>false, “null”=>true, “filter”=>[1, 4], “default”=>1}}, “edit”=>{“ticket.agent”=>{“nulloption”=>false, “null”=>false, “filter”=>[2, 1, 3, 4, 7, 8]}, “ticket.customer”=>{“nulloption”=>false, “null”=>true, “filter”=>[2, 4], “default”=>2}}}, to_create: false, to_migrate: false, to_delete: false, to_config: false, position: 40, created_by_id: 1, updated_by_id: 1, created_at: “2019-08-15 09:38:05”, updated_at: “2019-09-05 15:41:01”>
irb(main):012:0> attribute.data_option[:filter] = Ticket::State.by_category(:viewable).pluck(:id)
=> [2, 1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9]
irb(main):013:0> attribute.screens[:create_middle][‘ticket.agent’][:filter] = Ticket::State.by_category(:viewable_agent_new).pluck(:id)
=> [2, 1, 3, 4, 7, 8, 9]
irb(main):014:0> attribute.screens[:create_middle][‘ticket.customer’][:filter] = Ticket::State.by_category(:viewable_customer_new).pluck(:id)
=> [1, 4, 9]
irb(main):015:0> attribute.screens[:edit][‘ticket.agent’][:filter] = Ticket::State.by_category(:viewable_agent_new).pluck(:id)
=> [2, 1, 3, 4, 7, 8, 9]
irb(main):016:0> attribute.screens[:edit][‘ticket.customer’][:filter] = Ticket::State.by_category(:viewable_customer_edit).pluck(:id)
=> [2, 4, 9]
irb(main):017:0> attribute.save!
ObjectManager::Attribute.find(6) notify UPDATED 2019-09-06 08:49:41 UTC
=> true

After i go to the overview is saw the new state for about 2 seconds… Then it just vanished. :thinking:

WOW, i have found the solution… And it can be so easy… Don’t forget to display the new status in the overview settings. My bad… Sorry for making you crazy. :wink:

Oh sorry, I didn’t follow the right road to understand what the real Problem was.
Glad you could solve it though!

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.