How to handle responses from customers

We’re now working with Zammad since ten days. We migrated from OTRS 6 CE and we are very happy with it, but I have one question:

In OTRS when a customer responded on a ticket, there was a yellow star to symbolize that there’s a new article. What is the best way to avoid losing track of incoming inquiry emails?

I know that I can create a trigger so send me an e-mail, but is there another way instead of sending mails?

Bye

In Zammad you have a yellow circle when something new is in the ticket (or a reminder is due).

If you speak about the yellow flashing dot inside the yellow circle, it’s only visible if a ticket is opened in the tab bar, but not in the overviews.

You can activate notification like thats on your agent :

When a customer respond ticket is updated so you have new notification

exemple :

1 Like

No, I mean the yellow circle itself.

Our documentation may help you here:
https://user-docs.zammad.org/en/latest/basics/service-ticket/settings/state.html

In a sens thats true the yellow dot blinking well in the tab bar but not in overview .

1 Like

That is correct and has performance reasons. 150+ entries pulsing in an overview would kill your browser.

Maybe I use Zammad the wrong way. All my Tickets are always yellow until they are closed.

Is it a better way to set a ticket to pending reminder, if the agent has done something so the status went to grey?

I created the following trigger to do this:

Now I have the effect that all tickets went to grey after I worked on them and back to yellow, after the customer responds to a request.

Would animated GIFs be a solution?

Exactly. It is expected to set a ticket to a pending state, when you are waiting for a customer reply. You can do that with a trigger, as suggested. But most Zammad users to that manually.

“open” means, I as an agent have something to do. Right now.

1 Like

I’ve created two triggers that handle a specific tag and a overview depending on this tag. Very basic, but in our case it get’s the job done perfectly.

1 Like