Filtering Emails based on existing users

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 3.3.x
  • Used Zammad installation source: Package
  • Operating system: Ubuntu 18.04
  • Browser + version: Brave

I just want to filter all incoming e-mails and discard them if the ‘From’ email does not match any of the e-mails of any of the current users (users created in zammad db).

Any way I can do the same ? The use case is that it would be the most effective spam filter if I want to close my system to only users in my organisation.

Thanks so much for helping me out !

Sorry but that’s not how Zammad works.
Zammad accepts mail from any user that can send to Zammads mail account.

If the user doesn’t exist, it will create the user.
Also, please note that Zammad is not a spam filter - that’s absolutely out of scope, that’s the job of your MTA. (sorry for being so direct)

I get you. I think i’ll put a filter before zammad… though this would have been a nice feature. If a spammer gets my e-mail zammad would end up opening 10000s of accounts which would be a pain for the admin. any way I can achieve this through creating a zammad package ? (just asking)

If they’re all using the same domain (or maybe a few) you could always white-list those domains in your MTA setup.

I know but they are not using the same domain. What I now plan to do is create a dynamic script which checks the users against Zammad’s database and then allows delivery of e-mails only if user is found.

However, I can try to create a zammad package for the community if this can be done using packages.

Yes correct, technically you could implement such a functionality witha Zammad package if you wanted to.

can you point me in the right direction on how zammad package works? and can it override the original zammad pages (with my changes incoprorated) ?

I think this thread will help you quite far:

And yes, you can overwrite existing files / functions / whatever.ö

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.