Email Account not connecting via MS365 Account

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 5.2.x
  • Used Zammad installation type: self-hosted
  • Operating system: Ubuntu (Linux zammad 5.4.0-124-generic #140~18.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Fri Aug 5 11:43:34 UTC 2022 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux)
  • Browser + version: Chrome (latest)

Expected behavior:

Moving from an Email Account utilizing username/password over to MFA, I set up an MS365 Account as a trusted App (per instructions in the Zammad Admin Guide. I would expect that the MS365 Account would be used for both receiving external emails for inbound tickets and auto-replies as well as for Notifications to the internal group (the company) about any new/changed state of tickets.

Actual behavior:

Zammad app can receive and reply to the generation of new tickets, which is occurring correctly. However, my organization member is not receiving emails about the events related to the ticket (new, state changes, etc…). When the Email Account that was working prior to password changes, and or MFA is required, the Notifications do not get sent using the MS365 Account (secret). Our AD Admins will no longer allow SMTP with traditional usernames and passwords.

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

I was able to put in a GMAIL account (personal) temporarily and prove that the Notifications only get sent if there is an outbound SMTP entry beneath Email Accounts all the while I Zammad would only use the MS365 Account for sending and receiving emails to external customers.

Is there a way to force Zammad to utilize the MS365 Account email info for all events?

1 Like

Hi, also facing this issue, Where you able to resolve ?

Thanks

No, I am still looking for a soluitons. Seems Zammad notifications only use sendmail for notifications that isn’t using the MS365 connection

Zammad will use sendmail for notification, even for a M365 channel, if you select sendmail for notifications in the (general) e-mail channel config.

If you want to use sendmail also for regular outgiong mail (e.g. ticket replies), see Allow selecting local MTA for outgoing mails in the Microsoft365 channel - #2 by MrGeneration

Tks for the reply. I have the MS365 channel working (prior to the original post). I want all emails to use this MS365 channel, if possible. I also realize that Sendmail libraries are being utilized. For example, on a ticket state, like a change/assignment occurs, these events typically trigger emails that are not making it off the box/out of Zammad (as they seem to use Channel Email configurations, SMTP w/username and pswd which my AD no longer allows). Note that inbound (from clients) emails into Zammad and their associated auto replies are working, via the MS365 channel.

Same problem in our environment.

Please see this thread which is a technical duplicate (no worries):

Additionally you can learn more about Zammads notification channel here:
https://admin-docs.zammad.org/en/latest/channels/email/accounts/email-notification.html

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.