Delay in sending Mail

Hello community,

• Used Zammad version: 2.4
  • Used Zammad installation source: (source, package, …) package
  • Operating system: Ubuntu 16.04
  • Browser + version: Firefox 60.0.1

Expected behavior:

Zammad should send changes and mails immediatly or after a short time.

Actual behavior:

When a comment is done or a mail should be send through Zammad it takes 3 to 4 hours till the mail is send. After that time everything works fine. There is no difference between localhost relay or direct smtp.
I searched the Mailserver logs and there is always this 3 hour delay till the mail appears in the mailqueue.

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

Send a mail through Zammad.

Is it possible to configure this delay in Zammad oder what couls be the reason? Zammad is running on a Ubuntu System with 2x4 CPU Cores and 16GB RAM. Average Load is 1.3 1.4 1.4, so the system should not be overloaded.

Thanks for any hints,

AchMol

Check if there is an error in the Monitoring / Current Status menu, you will probably have some “BackgroundJobSearchIndex” or “failing background jobs” error, execute the following command:

1. systemctl stop zammad (Stop the Zammad application)

2. zammad run rake searchindex:rebuild (Rebuild your elasticsearch index)

3. systemctl start zammad (Start the Zammad application)

This process can take a few hours if there are too many failed jobs

Your server performs well and is larger than the one being used by Zammad Application, below is a link to configure your server and get better performance:

1.4 CPU usuage is like nothing… I doubt that this is a CPU-time problem.

Does this happen with every E-Mail or just specific? I am thinking about Greylisting here…

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.