Create a new ticket in another group by sending an email from an existing ticket

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 2.9
  • Installation method (source, package, …): zammad repo, debian package
  • Operating system: Ubuntu Server 18.04
  • Database + version: postgresql 10
  • Elasticsearch version: 5.6.14
  • Browser + version: Chrome 72.0.3626.109

Expected behavior:

• An agent in group A should be abel to create a new ticket in group B by creating a new email article in the ticket which is assigned to group A and sending the email to group B.

• Group B should get a new ticket. The state of the ticket in group A is set to “waiting for clarification”.

• If the agent in group B is answering, the initial ticket in group A should be updatet (state: open).

• Both groups are working in Zammad with different email adresses (support@company.com and sales@company.com)

Actual behavior:

• There is no new ticket created in group B. The email article which was send to group B is just duplicated in the initial ticket which is assigned to group A.

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• Create a new email article in ticket which is assigned to group A.

• Set group B as a receiver for the email (from: sales@company.com to: support@company.com) and send the email.

• The email which was send to group B is just duplicated in the initial ticket which is assigned to group A.

I think this should already work?
Did you remove the referer (ticket number) to the original ticket from the mail subject?

Hey @jnkps,

i don’t think that’ll work since you’re not able to edit the subject of the outgoing mail manually. The ticket hook will automatically be added and there’s no way for you to disable that (at least i don’t know of a way via webinterface. @MrGeneration or @thorsteneckel maybe know some way). Zammad will by default handle this mail as follow-up to the already existing ticket thus adding it to the ticket a second time instead of creating a new ticket for the other group.

Maybe you can disable the follow-up features completely via rails but that’ll be a huuuuge throwback to your system.

Another solution would be setting up different zammad instances for your groups with different systemids.

cheers

First I would like to explain the steps to reproduce the behavior with some screenshots:

1. The customer creates a ticket in group Sales.
  2. The Agent in group Sales has a question. He sends the question to the group Support. (I do not like to assign the ticket to the group Support, because it is just a question and the agent in group Sales is working during that time still on that ticket.)
  3. The agent in group Sales creates an email article and sends it to the group Support.
  4. There is no new ticket created in group Support. The email article which was send to Support is just duplicated in the initial Test ticket which is assigned to group Sales.

Secondly, why is this feature important for us:

• We have different groups in Zammad (Sales, Support, Service, etc.) and we think of integrating even more groups.

• The problem is, that the groups which work with Zammad are not able to communicate with each other anymore over the group email address.

• With the current situation we have to send the request to the individual agent email address of that group. That would be unfortunate because it is important for us to send the request to the group email and from there the agents pick the requests. This has different advantages in handling our requests.

Suggestion:

• Zammad should check if the receiver address equals to one of the Zammad queue/group addresses. In case it is one of these addresses a new ticket should be created in the receivers queue, otherwise the email should just be send out.

This is not possible, as Zammad extends the subject and the mail header with references to the existing ticket.
You have no chance.

We also have different departments where situations like these sometimes arise, and we always just use our internal company chat for this purpose: the agent with the question sends the ticket link to the colleague who might have the answer, and the colleague replies via chat and maybe adds a note to the ticket. To facilitate this, sales and support agents have access to each others groups in our system.

An IMO nice solution for this would be if Zammad would allow the creation of new tickets via macro, which I’ve already suggested here for a similar purpose. Then you could create a macro “Ask support for help” which would create a new phone ticket in the support department where you put your question in, and the original ticket could be linked to the new ticket.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 416 days. New replies are no longer allowed.