Changing system name in notifications

Hi there! :wave:

I wondered if it was somehow possible to change the name of actions being taken by the system (for example automatically closing a ticket after the pending closing time has been reached) in the notifications or in general, since ‘-’ is not really a descriptive name of something Zammad did.

2 Likes

We just had the same question. I guess it would be possible to change the field firstname for the user id 1 in the sql database, table: users, but I don’t know if it has any side effects. Because our setup is already live, I do not want to try it and risk any data corruptions. Can somebody from Zammad say if this is safe to do?

2 Likes

We are having the same issue while using triggers…

See: Spam of Update by "-" - #3 by AStatler

Please advise whether a change in the db is production safe.

Thank you

Oh, I was not even aware this system user was an actual user.
Visiting /#user/profile/1 reveals the “-” user, and editing the name does seem to do the trick.
(I used a zero-width space as the last name)

I don’t know if this has any ill effects, but I would be surprised if it did.

2 Likes

We changed the name of the system user today. Your idea to do it on the web ui is nice :slight_smile:
One side effect we have discovered is that unassigned tickets in the overview show the name of the system user now. But if you open the ticket, it still shows ‘-’ as owner.

Please see my remarks on this post Spam of Update by "-" - #5 by MrGeneration to that topic.

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.