• Used Zammad installation source: package
  • Operating system: Ubuntu server LTS 18.04
  • Browser + version: Firefox 77.0.1

Expected behavior:

New ticket creation screen to show up when answering a call

Actual behavior:

Nothing shows up, probably wrong username provided to API

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

We are trying to configure zammad’s API integration with our SIP provider.
I’m having problem understanding which format of username to provide to the API calls in order for the system to recognize the agent and create a new ticket when answering.

The newCall event example shows the username is a private name:

While the answer event specifices Firstname+Lastname format:

Currently we use “FirstName LastName” format for the newCall event(that is, space between first name and last name) and “FirstName+LastName”(with a plus sign as per example) for the answer event.

Also, is notify map related to the issue? or is it used just to map specific callers to specific agents?

Thank you

The username provided to API has to match login field of the user‘s Zammad account (not the mail-address). As far as I can see you see the login name of the user only in the overview of the user management (1st field). This field can‘t be changed under the UI. You‘ll have to do this on the server‘s console and special ruby commands.

The Login field at the Users Management view is populated with the mail addresses of the users.
I didn’t change it, every user I have created is showing the email address at the Login field.

So you‘ll have to POST ...user=mail-address@yourdomain.com&from… to get it working.

Thank you.

I used the rails console and changed the login and it is working now.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.