Zammad throws Imap NoReponseError

• Used Zammad version: 3.1.0 (The problem occurs in other versions too.)
  • Used Zammad installation source: source.
  • Operating system: Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
  • Browser + version: Google Chrome (77.0.3865.90)

Expected behavior:

No Errors should be out thrown.

Actual behavior:

Every 5 minutes following Error is showing up:

In first Line we don’t have directly a problem with this behavior. Because all E-mails from this IMAP Account will be imported. Our problem is our monitoring tool (PRTG) which check the health status of our Zammad. With this repetitive error our sensor spam us with warning mails.

My consideration is that zammad try to often syncing mail and our Exchange Server (Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 version 15.0.1130.4005) blocks so many requests. Is it possible to change the query time of zammad ?

Or do we have another problem ? If you wish logs I can send them but didn’t find anything related by myself.

best greetings

Personally, if your mail server can’t handle an IMAP-Call every 30-60 seconds, there’s proberbly much other issues on your mail server. But that’s just my opinion that ignores possible environmental issues like “high mail load” and such.

Any way, yes, it’s possible to decrease (or increase) the time in between mail fetches.
This change is a change within the database entries and thus update save!

To increase the waiting time in between to fetches, run the following within a rails console:
Scheduler.find_by(name: 'Check Channels').update(period: 120)
Above will update to 120 seconds in between fetches. This can be fairly high and might be inconvinient to users.

If you just want to check owhat the current period in between syncs is, run:
Scheduler.find_by(name: 'Check Channels').period

The time returned is in seconds.