Zammad same VPS that other Services

First of all, greetings to all and thanks for your interest in community collaboration, it is what makes the Internet great …

My problem is the following:

I have a VPS Ubuntu 20.0.4 with Apache2, in its guts I have installed a GPS system (Traccar) and a Wordpress site; My sector is IT Technical Support, I don’t know much about these issues but I work on a personal project…

Well, install Zammad following several tutorials, the problem is presented in the configuration with Apache2; since when I enable the Zammad Virtual Host I can no longer enter the domain (WP), nor the sub (GPS), nor Tickets (Zammad); I know that it is an error in the VirtualHost I tried to change the Tickets port to 9200 and it did not result…

Is there any way that Zammad coexists with Traccar and Wordpress ???

Obviously as Traccar is a subdomain, I also want Zammad as a subdomain, but I don’t know how to do it …

I would appreciate your collaboration since I really want to implement Zammad on my site …

How did you install Zammad? The typical install uses NGINX not Apache2. So you may be experiencing an issue there. Check to see what services are running on which ports. Net-stat can help you with this (and is a package available on APT if you don’t already have it installed).

Depending on the outcome you may need to put a reverse proxy in front of your VPS. Though I would also recommend not just running all of your services under one host. You should either use Docker or a virtualization (Xen or QEMU are available on Ubuntu) platform to separate out these services.

yeah would be my guess as well, probably apache is already running on port 80/443. Another alterative would be to run zammad from a none standard port.

By default Ubuntus package manager is capable of OR based dependencies. That means it shouldn’t install nginx if there’s apache installed already.

Hard to tell what the real issue is as we don’t know the configuration at all.
Possibly the vhost configuration is not correct at that moment, but real error messages would help here. Even if they’re from a browser.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.