Zammad not creating tickets for emails

I got a fresh copy of Zammad 3.2 from the GitHub repository.
And I just setup Zammad on an AWS Ubuntu 18.04 production server.
I have installed Ruby on Rails , Elasticsearch , PostgreSQL and other dependencies on the server.

I have setup Nginx and the configurations seem fine.

However, tickets are not created on Zammad when emails drop on the email accounts that are configured on Zammad.

Do I need to do any special configuration for Zammad to begin creating tickets for emails?

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: Zammad v3.2.0
  • Used Zammad installation source: git repository source
  • Operating system: Ubuntu 18.04
  • Browser + version: Google Chrome v77
  • Elasticsearch: Elasticsearch 7.x
  • Hosted on: AWS EC2 Medium Instance

Expected behavior:

• Tickets should be created on Zammad when an email drops in the configured email accounts.

Actual behavior:

• Tickets are not been created on Zammad when an email drops in the configured email accounts

I have also checked the System > Monitoring Tab and I get an error

Current Status
scheduler may not run (last execution of Chat.cleanup 4 days over) - please contact your system administrator 

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• Setup a new AWS server
  • Install Ruby on Rails, Elasticsearch, Nginx on the server
  • Clone a copy of Zammad from GitHub to the server.

Note: The token in the screenshot has been reset.

The scheduler is most likely not running or crashed for whatever reason, you’ll need to start it, depending if you run it manually or as a service, the steps differ.

See:
https://docs.zammad.org/en/latest/install-source.html#starting-all-servers-manually

To be honest, I’d like to suggest to use the package installation, as it’s easier to handle.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.