Zammad 3.2.0 package for Centos 8 - incorrect permissions for zammad/public folder

Hello. I did install VM with Centos 8 with minimal install, no Gnome, etc.
I did install elasticsearch 7.5, zammad 3.2.0 (package), but I am unable to do first config from remote browser. Firefox shows “Loading…”.
/var/log/nginx/zammad.error.log:
2019/12/06 13:01:25 [error] 1064#0: *11 open() “/opt/zammad/public/favicon.ico” failed (13: Permission denied), client: 10.10.3.10, server: bilbo.belam.lv, request: “GET /favicon.ico HTTP/1.1”, host: “bilbo.belam.lv”, referrer: “http://bilbo.belam.lv/

/var/log/zammad/production.log - no visible errors

Is it possible remotely setup (first login) Zammad? I do want to use bare minimum VM for Zammad.

Centos 7 works fine without GUI. Centos 8 - has problems.
Why file permissions are different in Centos 7 and Centos 8 in folder /opt/zammad/public ?
Centos 7:
files has -rw-r–r--
directories has drwxr-xr-x

Centos 8:
files has -rw-------
directories has drwxr-xr-x

After giving “chmod -R a+r *” in folder /opt/zammad/public my test install of Zammad 3.2.0 in Centos 8 start working.

P.S. i checked 3.2.0 and 2.10 packages, this difference are exists for both versions.

Hi @voljka! CentOS is not yet officially supported. We just added it to our packaging pipeline to verify it ourself. However, you were faster :wink: You have used the packager.io repository from here right? Since the packaging is done by packager.io we have to get in contact with them to see why the permissions are not set correctly. I’ll give you an update.

yes, you are correct.

Just a heads up: I reported an issue over at the packager.io repository. Thanks for the investigation @voljka!

Thanks, this saved me a bunch of headaches!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.