• Used Zammad installation type: package
  • Operating system: Linux Debian
  • Browser + version: Chrome 95

Expected behavior:

• Trigger should assign actual user to the ticket

Actual behavior:

• It does not

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

Anyone knows why this trigger isn’t working?

1. Action is UPDATED
  2. Status is NEW
  3. Owner is UNDEFINED
    than set
    Owner ActualUser

Hi basco,

is a group set? I think an owner can only set if a group is set because the owner bust be a member of the current group.

Hey @basco ,

since you weren’t precise about when the trigger should run i’m just guessing here:

If it should run on ticket creation your action is wrong (should be created not updated.
Currently it should run when you create the ticket and manually update it after that while keeping the state new.

If none of that applies to your case please give some more information about what you’re trying to achieve + some screenshots of your config would be helping.

cheers

You’re right. I should be more precise however there’s nothing complicated here.

1. Agent opens a ticket
  2. Agent does nothing but uses update button
    Now you can see on the list of tickets it has been updated but nothing else happens
    At this point I’d like the ticket agent opened and updated by pressing update button to be assigned to him.

I did some further testing and it looks that pressing update button without any other changes does work only with one condition set (in my case Action is updated). If I add more conditions eg. Status is new the trigger works only when agent acutally does change something in this ticket using update button only isn’t enough.
So I need to find some other solution to speedup assigment process. Or shall I put this feature on request list? What’s your opinion?

Would that be an option(?):
https://admin-docs.zammad.org/en/latest/settings/ticket.html#auto-assignment

Edit: Just a guess for the initial post:
Usually if an agent opens a new ticket the state gets updated to open. Maybe that was your problem for the trigger?

cheers

Mate, you just saved my life.

Cheers

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.