What are Packages in Setting Page?

Infos:

Important:
If you are a Zammad Support or hosted customer and experience a technical issue, please refer to: support@zammad.com using your zammad-hostname / or company contract.

• Used Zammad version: 2.3
  • Used Zammad installation source: (source, package, …) deb
  • Operating system: Ubuntu 16.04
  • Browser + version: Chrome latest

Sorry for corrupting the template of the community, but I have only a question. In the settings page there is a menu called packages. It looks like there is the possibility to add costum packages to zammad. Is that right?
Is there a place to find some packages to install?

As far as I know this is an option for adding some special „packages“ that are needed by paying costumers for there individual and very special use cases.
Things that are so special, that they are useful only for one customer and therefore will not be implemented in the standard zammad version.

In example, if a customer has a special application that has been programmed in-house and he wants to connect that application to zammad.
This could be done with a package. This would not be placed in the default distribution, because no one else would use it.

So I think right now you won‘t find any packages anywhere.

Hi.

OK thanks for your explanation. What a pitty. I’m interessted in how to use to plugin system.
So If I want to have a special feature I hove to consult zammad.de is that right?

Thanks again for your answer.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.