Webhook notifications

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 4.1.x
  • Used Zammad installation type: source
  • Operating system: linux
  • Browser + version: chrome

Expected behavior:

• When replying a ticket or changing its status (among other examples), a webhook payload should include a timestamp that represents the latest updates made.

Actual behavior:

• The webhook payload won’t include such information regardless of the field name. If a article is not generated or attached, there is no way to figure the actual timestamp of the action that actually triggered the webhook to be sent. The very same happens for the user that performed such action on the ticket’s payload.

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• Create a webhook to a remote endpoint
  • Create a generic trigger to the webhook
  • Create a ticket
  • Respond a ticket
  • Change the ticket status

I understand (by reading around) that this might not be the way Zammad works by default or by design, but it would be greatly appreciated if you could point to a way to do that as it is a key information to most notifications.

BTW, email notifications WILL work just fine and will actually send the correct timestamps and agent information.

I really appreciate any insights on this front.

Keep Rocking!

1 Like

Sorry but I don’t get the issue.
If you update the e.g. state at least two fields in the webhook will have new information to possible prior ones:

updated_at and state or state_id

updated_at contains the timestamp of the moment the ticket last got updated - that is reflected by state changes as well.

Please consider updating your installation. Zammad 4.1 is no longer supported and prune to security issues.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.