Visible customers for an user that is both agent and customer

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 3.6.0
  • Used Zammad installation source: package
  • Operating system: CentOS 7.9.2009

Hello,

how can I limit the customer list based on groups, for users that are both agent and customers?

Let’s say that I have 4 different groups: IT, R&D, Support and external customers.

Users of IT, R&D and Support can be both agent (for the other groups, except of external customers) and customers.
If an R&D user would like to open a ticket for IT can view all the users. I think that probably it would be better to see the users of the same group (and prevent to see the external customers for example). Can I do that?

Also another thing that I think it would be useful is to set default customer to the current user, when opening a new ticket for an user that is both agent/customer

Zammad can’t differentiate for you / your agent if the ticket is to be created as customer or not.
This is why the ticket dialogue for agents (even with customer permission on top) will always be an agent ticket creation.

Everything else would lead in duplicate UIs and complexity.
Users will have a hard time to decide when to create a customer or an agent ticket.

As soon as a user as agent permissions, the user will also be able to technically find all available users of the system. This is by design and can’t be restricted.
You may also want to have a look at the documentation pages regarding permissions:

Thanks for the explanation!

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.