Variables (with timestamps) shouldn't always show the timezone

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 3.4.x
  • Used Zammad installation source: source
  • Operating system: Debian 10
  • Browser + version: any

Expected behavior:

• Variables (listed here: https://admin-docs.zammad.org/en/latest/system/variables/ticket.html) should use the system setting (i.e. under ‘branding/pretty date’) for the output of the timestamp.
  • Displaying the timezone after the timestamp might not be anything to worry about when you only use them internally—but if you’re only servicing customers within one timezone (as we do), it’s not necessary and may be confusing to some customers.

Actual behavior:

• Variable #{ticket.last_contact_agent_at} within e-mail shows ‘full-text’ timezone, e.g. 16.06.2020 17:45 (Europe/Berlin)

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• Send e-mail with variable like #{ticket.last_contact_agent_at}

Zammad always communicates timezones, because it expects to hit situations where your customer does not sit in the same timezone. If you provide time information, your recipients thus needs to know which timezone you’re talking about when communicating times.

This is the reason why Zammad always provides timezones as well.

Thank you for clarification, but:

I’d love a toggle—but of course this is a only small thing and nothing I worry about too much :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.