Usage Question - Different Ticket types

Hi All,

I am new to Zammad and I was wondering if there is a way to create different types of tickets based on the user’s needs?

For example:

1. Issue Ticket - General (default)

2. Order Ticket - User needs to give a few additional details (Objects?) to complete
    -> This ticket would be assigned to a different department (Group?) for processing and would fill in task list items (Objects??)
    –> Status of order would show to the user (Objects would be visible to user if filled in)

3. New User Request Ticket - User provides additional details for processing request.
    –> This ticket would be assigned to a different department (Group??) for processing and would fill in task list items and some would show to the user (Different set of Objects??)
    etc…

I am trying to figure out how I can do this but I can’t figure it out… Is there a way to choose a different type of Ticket and attached objects based on the Caller’s request?

Thanks in Advance…

Well short answer: Yes and partly no.

Your main need here is to have somewhat “dynamic field”-ish function that will provide objects to fill in based on a value of a field. That’s what Zammad currently can’t provide.

This is already on our list, without any ETA though.
You can find the enhancement issue to this here:

Right now your only option is to add all objects and just fill in the needed for the specific ticket.

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.